Welcome to the new Cougar Review Website! It’s our job and privilege to bring stories to the G-CHS community.
- Cary will provide ‘fresh eyes’ as top admin at GCby Grace Gray/Staff Writer After almost two decades at Greenfield Central, principal Steve Bryant will be retiring this year. After a successful run from Bryant, the search was on for a candidate who could fill Bryant’s shoes, the replacement being Jason Cary. Cary has spent the past seven years at Peru High School, four as … Continue reading Cary will provide ‘fresh eyes’ as top admin at GC Read more...
- Flex Day presents benefits, drawbacksby Eric Morales/Staff Writer How efficient are Flex Days? The answer lies within teacher and student feedback. Do people just like you believe that Flex Day is efficient? First of all, what is Flex Day? “Flex Day is a day when students are allowed time to work on assignments from the comfort of their own … Continue reading Flex Day presents benefits, drawbacks Read more...
- ISTEP replaces ECAby Mariam Elassal / Staff Writer Photo Caption : Students review key concepts prior to ISTEP test in Mr. Smith’s College Entrance Prep class. Sophomores in Indiana will have to take the ISTEP+ this year as a replacement of the ECA. Some people support the change, but others say the test is more difficult … Continue reading ISTEP replaces ECA Read more...
- GC cheerleaders take state, focus on futureby Sam Kihega/Staff Writer Picture: Varsity cheerleaders Maci Montgomery, 11, Khloe Shockley, 10, and Marissa Gallo, 11, lead the Cougars in a cheer during football season. Greenfield-Central Cheer has had a year that was worth watching. They won state with all their hard work from not only the cheerleaders, but also from their coach, Ms. … Continue reading GC cheerleaders take state, focus on future Read more...
- Students, staff weigh in on Flex Dayby Matt Haggard and Rayne Guyer/Staff Writers Picture by Matt Haggard/ Bailey Lyle, 11, works on her schoolwork for Flex Day, a technology e-learning day at GC. The Flex Pilot Day on Wed. Nov. 16 was a test day for future e-learning days. Students did not have to attend school. Instead, they accessed their … Continue reading Students, staff weigh in on Flex Day Read more...
- College Freshman AdviceMay 16, 2017By Annalee Rowlett/ Staff Writer Be organized – get a calendar or whatever it takes for you to know when assignments are due. Wake up for class! Totally worth going to, usually Make time for you – Be sure you set aside some time and activities that help you relax and take the stress out … Continue reading College Freshman Advice
- DC Rebirth ReviewMay 16, 2017By Eric Morales/ Staff Writer For the casual fan, terms such as “The New 52” and “Flashpoint” are far too foreign. To the serious fans of DC, those words mean far more than one realizes. DC has a record of resetting their continuity, timeline, and status quo. The story arc “The Button” introduces the idea … Continue reading DC Rebirth Review
- Marvel Netflix’s Iron Fist reviewApril 26, 2017by Erick Morales / Staff Writer Iron Fist’s Danny Rand (Finn Jones) demonstrates his power on the Netflix series. Marvel Netflix have done an extraordinary job in the eyes of critics and fans everywhere with their 3 series Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage. Besides complaints such as pacing, the trio of shows have been … Continue reading Marvel Netflix’s Iron Fist review
- Black Cloud’s Bizarre First IssueApril 26, 2017By Steven Coffin / Staff Writer Image Comics new comic, Black Cloud, centered around a poor woman who has the power to transport people to their dreams, has finally released. Ivan Brandon, mostly known for writing Drifter and Viking, with the help of Matt Wilson, known for coloring the vibrant and fantastic comics The Wicked … Continue reading Black Cloud’s Bizarre First Issue
- A Dog’s Purpose Overcomes ControversyFebruary 27, 2017By Haleigh Baker/ Staff Writer Do you love quirky movies about dogs? Then A Dog’s Purpose is definitely for you. A loving dog, Bailey, portrayed by Josh Gad goes through different lives with humans to discover the meaning of life and his existence. He is reincarnated as different canines throughout the course of 5 decades, … Continue reading A Dog’s Purpose Overcomes Controversy
- Commitment to Graduatethe following is an archive piece from the 2014 September issue of the Cougar Review. by Ross McMichael The G-C Class of 2018 experienced their own Commitment to Graduate presentation on Tuesday in the G-C Auditorium. The Commitment to Graduate program has been in place for seven years now. Jason Pope of Jostens, the academic … Continue reading Commitment to Graduate
- G-C Theatre Takes StateThis is an Archive story originally published in the January 2015 edition of the Cougar Review by Maria Kihega The drama club had a special event on Jan. 23 and they put in all their effort to get prepared for it. A play called Home by Ross McMichael, 12, placed second in regionals with a … Continue reading G-C Theatre Takes State
- Linda Ostewig and the LandingBy Zoe Anthony Linda Ostewig is the director of The Landing, a recovery program for teenagers. She has been working in this program for two years, as long as it’s been up and running, since October 9th, 2013. “I am most passionate about helping people learn recovery and finding freedom from their hurts and addictions,” … Continue reading Linda Ostewig and the Landing
- Biology with Rebecca SchiniBy Elizabeth Ferguson To imitate the birth of a star, Rebecca Schini has her students stand in a circle and spin, moving in towards each other. They are all laughing as she screams at them to spin, eventually spinning into the circle herself. “She’s crazy,” they all say. But, it’s with affection. Her … Continue reading Biology with Rebecca Schini
- Lisa Sears the ArtistBy Chase Ehlers Lisa Sears, once a pharmaceutical bound student, until she later changed her career to become a tattoo art. She then realized that the customers were far too uncomfortable and creepy for her taste, and she finally decided on the best fit career for that balanced her love for art and love of … Continue reading Lisa Sears the Artist