Welcome to the new Cougar Review Website! It’s our job and privilege to bring stories to the G-CHS community.
- Students, staff weigh in on Flex Dayby Matt Haggard and Rayne Guyer/Staff Writers Picture by Matt Haggard/ Bailey Lyle, 11, works on her schoolwork for Flex Day, a technology e-learning day at GC. The Flex Pilot Day on Wed. Nov. 16 was a test day for future e-learning days. Students did not have to attend school. Instead, they accessed their … Continue reading Students, staff weigh in on Flex Day Read more...
- ‘Suicide Squad’ full of thrills, action, and comedySeptember 22, 2016Going to the movie theatre, smelling the delicious popcorn, and relaxing for a magnificent movie sounds great. If you do decide to go, critics most highly suggest going to see a movie written and directed by David Ayer and based on a team from DC Comics, Suicide Squad. The movie has captured the attention of … Continue reading ‘Suicide Squad’ full of thrills, action, and comedy
- Commitment to Graduatethe following is an archive piece from the 2014 September issue of the Cougar Review. by Ross McMichael The G-C Class of 2018 experienced their own Commitment to Graduate presentation on Tuesday in the G-C Auditorium. The Commitment to Graduate program has been in place for seven years now. Jason Pope of Jostens, the academic … Continue reading Commitment to Graduate
- G-C Theatre Takes StateThis is an Archive story originally published in the January 2015 edition of the Cougar Review by Maria Kihega The drama club had a special event on Jan. 23 and they put in all their effort to get prepared for it. A play called Home by Ross McMichael, 12, placed second in regionals with a … Continue reading G-C Theatre Takes State
- Linda Ostewig and the LandingBy Zoe Anthony Linda Ostewig is the director of The Landing, a recovery program for teenagers. She has been working in this program for two years, as long as it’s been up and running, since October 9th, 2013. “I am most passionate about helping people learn recovery and finding freedom from their hurts and addictions,” … Continue reading Linda Ostewig and the Landing
- Biology with Rebecca SchiniBy Elizabeth Ferguson To imitate the birth of a star, Rebecca Schini has her students stand in a circle and spin, moving in towards each other. They are all laughing as she screams at them to spin, eventually spinning into the circle herself. “She’s crazy,” they all say. But, it’s with affection. Her … Continue reading Biology with Rebecca Schini
- Lisa Sears the ArtistBy Chase Ehlers Lisa Sears, once a pharmaceutical bound student, until she later changed her career to become a tattoo art. She then realized that the customers were far too uncomfortable and creepy for her taste, and she finally decided on the best fit career for that balanced her love for art and love of … Continue reading Lisa Sears the Artist